12 October 2010

Haleiwa, Laie, and turtles

Last saturday, the 9th, Tasheena took me out to the North Shore, hitting up Haleiwa and Laie.  On the way there we stopped at the Dole Plantation and then at Matsumoto's Grocery, in Haleiwa, to get shaved ice.
Yummy pineapple turnovers

Fresh fruit from the farmer's market

Roman trying to shaka, notice Xandri is too busy to do more than look

 Xandri and Avril with their shaved ice

Roman eating my shaved ice

We stopped back by here on the way home and picked up fresh fruit from the farmer's market.

 Haleiwa beach


After we stopped at the beach in Haleiwa, we headed on down the coast to where Tasheena knew that there would be sea turtles.
 There was only one on the beach, but

there were several out in the water.

The next stop on the list was Laie, where of course we stopped to see the temple.  Since it has been under renovations for the last year or so, all we could do was tour the grounds. The temple will have an open house and re-dedication later this month.
 AS we drove to it from the ocean

 As always the temple had beautiful flowers

 Up closer

 The awesome pools and falls leading to the front of the temple


Some more of those beautiful flowers


Looking back out towards the sea from the front of the temple

It was an awesome trip to take, to make sure that I saw lots of the island and I hope to be able to post about Pearl Harbor, after I go visit of course.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures on this post Nicholas! So beautiful. So when are you flying me down?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm, well, since i am leaving here for Chicago (on my way to Davenport, Iowa) I don't know...maybe when I replace Bill Gates as the richest man in the world...

    ReplyDelete